These baked chicken tenders are extra crispy and flavorful, but without all of the calories. They’re easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.
Baked Mustard Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Tenders
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornmeal
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- You will need 3 separate medium-size bowls for breading. Combine flour, cornmeal, and cumin in first bowl. Whisk eggs and mustard in second bowl. Add breadcrumbs to third bowl. Dredge each chicken piece in flour mixture, then transfer to egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumbs. Place back on baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated and ready to bake.
- Place in oven 6 minutes until tops are beginning to brown. Using tongs turn chicken over and continue to bake 6 to 8 minutes until other side is browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 14 Minutes Total Time: 39 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved