Basil oil is so versatile and can be used in many ways. Drizzle over salads, vegetables, pastas, sandwiches or grilled items. Use hot, cold, or at room temperature.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cup
- (5 /5)
- 8 ratings
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 3 Cups Water (Divided)
- 2 Cups Packed Fresh Basil
- 3/4 Cup Canola Or Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In small-size bowl combine 1 cup ice cubes with 1 cup water. Set aside.
- Bring remaining 2 cups water to boil in small-size saucepan. Add basil leaves all at once. Stir to make sure basil is submerged. Cook for 10 seconds. Remove from heat and with slotted spoon immediately transfer to ice bath. Once they have cooled, remove basil leaves. Set on paper towels.
- With your hands squeeze paper towels gently, but firmly to absorb as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Add oil, kosher salt, and garlic into blender and mix on high speed. While blender is running add half basil leaves and process briefly. Add remaining basil and puree. Doing this in batches prevents bruising leaves and keeps color intact.
- Transfer basil oil to small container. Cover and place in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Makes 1 Cup
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Minute Total Time: 21 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved
- Ready in : 21 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Oils