I love blueberry anything so why not add them to delicious cornbread. Serve for breakfast, as a snack or as a side with dinner.
Blueberry Buttermilk Cornbread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 13 ratings
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2-Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 1 Cup Yellow Or White Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Thoroughly butter a heavy cast iron skillet or a 9x14 inch glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine 2 cups flour, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- In large-size bowl cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually, beating into creamed butter. Add beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Add half flour mixture, half cornmeal, and half of the buttermilk. Blend only until mixture is moistened. Add remainder of flour mixture, buttermilk, and cornmeal. Blend thoroughly, but do not over mix.
- In small-size bowl add 1/4 cup flour to blueberries. Combine to lightly coat blueberries.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared cast iron skillet or baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Place in oven 30 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 20 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved