One of the beautiful parts of Swedish life is the culture of coffee and cake. Swedish Almond Cake is one of the country’s best-loved cakes. Deliciously Scandinavian, relaxed, yet stylish, and well worth adopting.
Swedish Almond Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cake
- (5 /5)
- 10 ratings
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 7 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 10 inch springform cake pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl add eggs and sugar. Mix well. Add heavy cream, butter, and vanilla. Gently mix until combined.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Gently add flour mixture to wet mixture. Carefully mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Gently level surface with back of a knife. Place in oven 30 minutes.
- Topping: Place butter, sugar, heavy cream, flour, and almonds in medium-size saucepan over a medium-low heat. Gently stir frequently until butter has melted and all ingredients are fully mixed.
- After 30 minutes in the oven remove cake and spread topping over cake. Quickly return cake to oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until top is golden brown and lightly caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 75 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved