Chive oil is one of my favorite herb oils. Drizzle over salads, vegetables, pastas, sandwiches or grilled items. Use hot, cold, or at room temperature.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cup
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 4 Cups Water (Divided)
- 2 Bunches Fresh Chives (Snipped To 3 Inch Lengths)
- 3/4 Canola Or Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In small-size bowl combine 1 cup ice cubes with 1 cup water. Set aside.
- Bring remaining water to boil in small-size saucepan. Add chives all at once. Stir to make certain chives are submerged. Cook for 10 seconds. Immediately transfer chives to ice bath. Use a slotted spoon to do this. Once chives have cooled transfer to paper towels. Gently but firmly squeeze paper towels gently in your hands to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- In blender combine chives, oil, and kosher salt. Blend 2 minutes on high speed until thoroughly combined. Transfer to small-size container. Cover and place in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Makes 1 Cup
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Minute Total Time: 21 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved
- Ready in : 21 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Oils