These Valentine cookies are as light and soft as cupcakes. Be careful when scooping up the batter so you don’t end up with cookies that are shaped like messy blobs. The best way to ensure that they come out well is by using a cookie scoop that you level out with a knife.
Frosted Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 24 Cookies
- (4.9 /5)
- 21 ratings
- 2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Drops Natural Red Food Coloring (I Use India Tree)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Egg Whites (From Large Eggs)
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 Cake Flour (I use Swans Down Bleached Cake Flour)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Frosting: In large-size bowl combine powdered sugar, kosher salt, heavy cream, and vanilla. Beat 5 minutes until nice and creamy. Add food coloring and beat on low 1 minute. Set aside.
- Cookie Dough: In large size bowl combine butter, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Beat 5 minutes until nice and fluffy. In separate bowl beat egg whites, heavy cream and vanilla until combined well. Gradually add egg white mixture to butter mixture. Gradually add cake flour and mix to a soft dough.
- Take a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop and scoop up dough. Level off with a knife. Place onto prepared baking sheets. Repeat until you have 24 cookies. Place about 2 1/2 inches apart. Place in oven, on middle rack, 15 minutes until puffy and just a smidge golden around edges. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes on baking sheets before removing. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- To Frost: When cookies are completely cooled spread an even layer of room temperature frosting on each cookie. A butter knife works well for this. Top with sprinkles and let cookies sit at room temperature until frosting becomes a crust. Transfer to airtight container with sheets of parchment or wax paper between each layer.
- Makes 24 Cookies
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes Cook Time:15 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved