Coconut flour, coconut oil, and coconut milk forms the crust and base for this decadent chocolate tart without eggs or butter. A no-bake chocolate filling won’t compete for oven space. You can make and chill a couple days before serving.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Tart
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 2 Cups Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil (Chilled)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 13.5 Ounces Coconut Milk
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegan Semisweet Chocolate Chips Or Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Hazelnuts For Garnish (Optional)
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, and kosher salt to food processor and 2 to 3 times to combine. Add coconut oil and pulse 5 to 6 times until dough forms pea-sized pieces. Add maple syrup and pulse until dough holds together.
- Press dough into a greased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place in freezer 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place in oven 10 to 12 minutes until dough is no longer shiny.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In medium-size pan heat coconut milk over medium-low heat. Remove from heat as soon as it bubbles. Stir in chocolate and let stand 10 minutes. Stir until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour into baked crust. Garnish with chopped hazelnuts. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Remove from refrigerator. Remove from pan and serve.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved