Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
You don’t have to go wassailing to enjoy this traditional Christmas drink. Historical wassail drinks are completely different from one another. Some even use beaten eggs. Here is a blonde version. Alcohol is optional.
- 1/2 Gallon Apple Cider
- 46 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- 12 Ounces Apricot Nectar
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 6 Ounces Frozen Orang Juice Concentrate (Thawed)
- 6 Ounces Frozen Lemonade Concentrate (Thawed)
- 10 Whole Star Anise
- 5 Cinnamon Sticks
- Combine all ingredients in Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and strain. Throw away anise and cinnamon.
- Serve hot. Can last refrigerated for two weeks.
- Makes 5 Quarts
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen