Ginger Chicken Dumplings
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 5 ratings
- 5 Cups Chopped Napa Cabbage
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Inch Fresh Ginger Piece
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- 12 Ounces Ground Chicken
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 (12 Ounce) Packages Wonton Wraps
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (Divided)
- In food processor pulse cabbage until very finely chopped. Transfer to large-size bowl and add kosher salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain through fine-mesh sieve, pressing firmly to remove excess liquid.
- Peel and finely chop ginger. Finely chop green onions.
- Return cabbage mixture to large-size bowl. Add green onions, ginger, garlic, ground chicken, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir until mixed well.
- Trim off 1/4 inch off corners of wonton wraps. Place under damp paper towels to prevent drying out. Place 2 tablespoons filling in center of wrap and dampen edges with water. Fold dough over to form half circle and pinch edges tightly to seal. Pleat edges as desired. Cover with damp paper towels to prevent drying out. Repeat with remaining filling and wraps.
- In 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil on medium until hot. Add as many dumplings to pan as will fit without touching. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until bottoms are deep golden brown. Add 1/4 cup water to cover. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until skins are translucent. Remove and transfer dumplings to serving plate. Be careful as some splattering may occur. Wipe out skillet with paper towel and repeat cooking remaining dumplings, adding more oil as needed.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 60 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 100 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 100 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Asian