Yields or Serves: Makes about 2 cups
I like to take advantage of the season and pick fresh strawberries to make a versatile strawberry simple syrup. A jar of simple syrup is great to have on hand. Use it to flavor cocktails, whip with cream for a dessert topping or drizzle over fruit salads.
- 1 Pound Strawberries (Hulled/Sliced)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- In large-size saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar, and water. Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until berries turn pale and liquid is red. Skim off and discard any foam that has risen to the surface.
- Let syrup cool in saucepan 1 hour. Strain through fine mesh sieve and let cool completely. Save berries for another use.
- Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes About 2 Cups
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved
Explore Similar Recipes
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.