Cook jam quickly over a high heat to ensure the freshest flavor. Low-sugar pectin lets the natural sweet-tart flavor of summer fruit shine through in this homemade jam.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 Cup Chopped Plums (About 6 to 8)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Orange (Zest & Juice)
- 3 Tablespoons Low-Sugar Pectin
- Add plums, 1/2 cup water, sugar, and cinnamon stick to medium-size heavy pot.
- Grate zest from entire orange and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Add to pot.
- Turn heat to a medium-high and cook 4 to 5 minutes until plums begin to soften. Stir occasionally. Stir in pectin. Turn heat to high, bringing to a vigorous boil, and cook 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and throw away cinnamon stick.
- Let jam cool slightly. Ladle into jars and cool completely. Seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 7 Minutes Total Time: 37 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 10
- Ready in : 37 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Jam