Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
There’s an easy way to peel peaches. Just bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice-water bath. Using a sharp paring knife, score an “x” into the bottom of each peach. Working in small batches, drop peaches into boiling water. Let boil 40 seconds; if peaches are on the hard side, boil up to 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, remove peaches and place into ice-water bath. Using clean fingers or paring knife, pull skin off starting at the scored “x.”
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Apple Or Crabapple Pectin
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 5 Pounds Peaches (Peeled & Diced)
- 8 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Dissolve pectin in warm water. Set aside.
- Over a medium-low heat, cook pealed and diced peaches in heavy bottomed pot 18 to 22 minutes until fruit is tender.
- Add sugar and lemon juice. Turn heat to medium-high. Bring to boil. Stir often. When mixture reaches 220 degrees, whisk in pectin slurry. Return to 220 degrees and boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Jam is ready to be canned in clean, sterilized jars.
- Makes Twelve 8 Ounce Jars
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved