The leaves are turning, the mornings have a crisp bite and apple picking excursions are underway. Many of us are ready for autumnal flavors and when you’re drinking your pumpkin spice tea consider making this delicious Pumpkin Carbonara.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Pound Pasta
- 2 Shallots (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 4 Ounces Pancetta (Diced)
- 3 Egg Yokes
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Freshly Grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Fresh Sage
- Boil pot of water for pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve pasta cooking water.
- In medium-size bowl whisk together pumpkin and egg yolks. Very slowly add 1/2 cup pasta water. Set aside.
- In large-size skillet over a medium heat cook pancetta, shallots, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add white wine and pepper. Reduce heat and cook 2 minutes. Add pasta and give a good toss. Remove pan from heat and stir in pumpkin mixture. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Adjust sauce consistency with pasta water if you need to.
- Garnish with fresh sage.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved