Chicken & Pasta Bake is a quick and satisfying dinner that will save your overbooked weeknights again and again.
Chicken & Pasta Bake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 16 ratings
- 8 Ounces Small Shells Or Rotini Pasta (Uncooked)
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken (Cut Into 1 Inch Long Strips)
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Cooked Peas
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion (Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Dry Sherry
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes. Remove and drain.
- In 3 quart baking dish, stir together hot pasta, chicken, and peas.
- In medium-size saucepan melt butter over a medium-high heat. Add green onions. Cook 5 minutes until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, chicken broth, and sherry. Cook, stirring frequently until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Add kosher salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved