Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food, but of course, anything made small is lots more fun.
- 1/2 Pound Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 8 Ounces Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large-size pot of salted boiling water, cook macaroni according to package instructions and drain.
- In medium-size pot whisk together butter and flour. Slowly whisk in milk and cook on medium-low until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Reduce heat to low. Add shredded cheddar and cream cheese. Continue to whisk until incorporated and smooth. Mix in egg yolk. Remove from heat.
- Stir cooked macaroni into mixture.
- Grease bottom and sides of muffin tins. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan around edges to coat completely. Divide macaroni and cheese into each cup and top with remaining Parmesan.
- Place in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes before removing from tins.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved