Cranberry Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Cornish Game Hens (About 1 1/2 Pounds Each)
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries (Chopped)
- 1 Small Granny Smith Apple (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Small Red Potatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season hens with kosher salt and pepper.
- In medium-size bowl combine cranberries, apples, garlic, rosemary, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spoon cranberry mixture into cavities of hens. With kitchen twine tie legs together. Place in large-size cast iron skillet or baking dish. Place potatoes around hens. Drizzle hens and potatoes with remaining olive oil. Dot hens and potatoes with butter pieces.
- Place in oven for 60 to 65 minutes until skin has turned golden and crispy. Potatoes should start to shrivel (internal temperature of hens should be about 180 degrees).
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with potatoes and juices from skillet.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 65 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 2
- Ready in : 85 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Poultry