Honey Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 5 ratings
- 1 Quart Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 4 Pieces Chicken (Any Combination of Breasts, Legs, Thighs, Or Wings)
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Harissa
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- Vegetable Or Canola Oil For Frying
- In large-size bowl combine buttermilk and honey. Completely submerge chicken pieces in mixture. Cover and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, harissa, and cornstarch.
- Heat vegetable or canola oil to 300 degrees.
- Remove each piece of chicken from buttermilk mixture. Dredge in flour mixture. Place in heated oil. Fry each piece of chicken until it registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees in its thickest portion without touching bone.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes Marinate Time: 24 Hours
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved