Using avocados in this recipe replaces some of the saturated fat. They’re simple to put together and super delicious.
Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Avocado
- 4 Ounces Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 12 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat mashed avocado and butter until creamy. Add sugar and brown sugar until nice and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well after each addition. Add vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture. Beat until flour is just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop up dough into rounded mounds onto prepared baking sheets. A small-size ice cream scoop works well for this. Space about two inches apart. Flatten slightly with bottom of a juice glass.
- Place in oven 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet 3 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes About 42
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 16 Minutes Total Time: 36 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved