Pineapple Upside Down Skillet Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes Cake
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 18 Ounces Cored Pineapple
- 11 Tablespoons Butter (Room Temperature) Divided
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pineapple into 7 thin rings.
- In 12 inch oven safe skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Arrange pineapple rings in skillet.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt. In separate bowl beat remaining butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then beat in vanilla until well blended. Add flour mixture and milk, alternating between, until just combined.
- Pour cake batter over pineapple in skillet. Gently spread into an even layer. Place in oven 25 to 30 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool cake on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan.
- Place large-size serving plate over skillet. Carefully invert cake onto plate.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved