Butternut Squash & Red Lentil Soup is a perfectly simple main course. Hearty butternut squash and protein-filled red lentils transform into a beautiful fall soup.
Butternut Squash & Red Lentil Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Large Butternut Squash (Cubed)
- 1 1/2 Cups Red Lentils
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Sage
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size Dutch oven heat butter over a medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes until soft. Add white wine. Cook until completely reduced. Add sage and squash. Cook 4 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add lentils, chicken broth, kosher salt, and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with lid and turn heat down to low. Simmer 30 minutes until squash if fork tender and lentils are soft. Purée soup with immersion blender or regular blender.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Soups