No one will feel left out, or miss the flour, in this classic side dish. You could add sliced jalapeño peppers or grated cheddar cheese and minced chives if you’d like to add a bit of variety.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cornbread
- (5 /5)
- 16 ratings
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Cornmeal
- 2 Teaspoons Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease skillet and set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs. Mix well. Stir in buttermilk. Add all remaining ingredients. Beat at low speed until just combined. Pour batter into prepared skillet. Place in oven 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 1 Cornbread
- Serves 8
- Note: For baking flour you can use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour and Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten-Free Yellow Cornmeal.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 22 Minutes Total Time: 42 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved