This light and lemony recipe is a perfect dessert to make for weekends and even Valentine’s Day. Don’t let the water bath scare you because this recipe is super easy.
Lemon Pudding Cakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.9 /5)
- 27 ratings
- 2/3 Cup Sugar Plus More For Dusting
- 2 Large Eggs (Separated)
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6 (3 ounce) ramekins and dust with sugar. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat together egg yolks, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth. Sift the flour and sugar. Slowly beat into lemon mixture with salt. In separate large-size bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Carefully pour batter into greased ramekins. Set in a roasting pan. Pour water into roasting pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of ramekins.
- Place in oven 20 minutes until cakes are springy and golden brown on top. Remove from oven.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved