Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
It’s the weekend, which is a great time to make a Spiced Apple Bundt Cake. This cake also makes an excellent holiday cake. Serve it as a morning coffee cake or an after dinner dessert, your choice.
- 2 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chunky Applesauce
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Tart Apples (Such As Granny Smith)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, kosher salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In large-size bowl combine eggs, olive oil, milk, applesauce, apples, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat 2 minutes and make sure to scrape the sides and bottom occasionally.
- Grease 10 inch Bundt pan. Pour batter into pan and gently tap the cake pan on the counter until the batter is level.
- Place in oven for 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remember that each oven heats differently.
- Remove from oven. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. And then invert onto rack to cool completely.
- Transfer to cake plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, your favorite icing or leave plain.
- Makes 1 Cake
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved