Many grocery stores carry shaved Brussels sprouts or you can use a very sharp knife, a mandolin, or the slicer blade of a food processor to shave the Brussels sprouts.
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Prep Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Cup Toasted Hazelnuts (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Shaved)
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Shallots
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In medium-size bowl whisk together shallots, mustard, lemon juice, honey, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Using either a mandolin, a very sharp knife, or the slicer blade of a food processor slice sprouts very thinly. Be sure to use the finger guard if using a mandolin.
- Once all Brussels sprouts are sliced, place in large-size bowl and add dressing, hazelnuts, and cranberries.
- Combine well and add Parmesan. Allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved