Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Fresh from the garden peas layered with silky sesame oil provides an earthiness while the garlic contributes a pungent counterpoint. Simple, yet complex, this pea recipe is a delicious side dish that goes with almost any main dish.
- 3 Pounds English Peas (Shelled)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Bring large-size pot of salted water to a boil. Fill large-size bowl full with ice water. Add peas to boiling water and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Drain peas and then immediately plunge them into ice water. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain peas.
- In large-size sauté pan over a medium-high heat add olive oil and sesame oil. When oils are hot add garlic and sauté about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant, but not brown. Add peas, kosher salt, and pepper. Sautee 3 to 4 minutes tossing and stirring constantly. You will want peas to be “just tender.”
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediacy.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved