Flaky and brimming with cherry flavor, these portable pies come together with just a handful of ingredients. If you don’t like cherries then use your favorite fresh fruit and preserves in this recipe instead.
Cherry Hand Pies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 17.3 Ounce Package Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (Thawed)
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Preserves
- 1 Cup Fresh Pitted Cherries
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Coarse Sanding Sugar
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll both sheets of puff pastry into 10x10 inch squares. Cut 1 sheet into 8 rectangles. Spoon 1 tablespoon preserves onto center of each rectangle, leaving at least 1/2 inch around edges. Place 2 to 3 cherries on top.
- Cut remaining sheet into 8 rectangles and place over filling. With fork, seal edges. Shape into crescent form. Place on prepared baking sheet. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove hand pies from freezer.
- In small-size bowl beat egg.
- Brush tops of hand pies with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Place in oven 25 to 30 minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved