Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Cake
Tags: Apple Cake, Apples, Autumn, Baking Powder, Brown Sugar, Cake, Canola Oil, Cinnamon, Desserts, Eggs, Flour, Gracious Vintage, Honeycrisp, Kosher Salt, Oil, Peanut Butter Apple Snack Cake, Peanut Butter Cake, Peanut Butter Chips, Salt, School, Snacks, Tiny New York Kitchen, Treats, Vanilla, Vegetable Oil, Victoria Hart Glavin
Now that autumn is here and apples are in abundance you might want to make this delicious Peanut Butter & Apple Snack Cake. It’s a nice after school or after dinner treat.
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Canola Or Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Large Honeycrisp Apple (Peeled/Cored/Finely Chopped)
- 2/3 Cup Peanut Butter Chips (Divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8x8 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat brown sugar and eggs until well combined. Whisk in oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda until just combined and smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold in apple and half of the peanut butter chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and spread into even layer to distribute apples pieces. Top with remaining peanut butter chips.
- Place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Run small knife around edges to loosen. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved