With the advent of fall we’ve naturally segued into a baking mood. If you don’t have a tart pan then just roll the dough into a 12-inch square and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, top with sliced apples to the edges. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes until crisp.
Apple Tart With Apricot Glaze
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 1 Tart
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour (Plus More For Work Surface)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Ice Water (Divided)
- 3 Medium Granny Smith Apples (Peeled And Cut Into 1/8 Inch Slices)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Tablespoons Coarse Natural Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Apricot Jam
- In food processor add flour, sugar, and kosher salt. Pulse until combined. Add cold butter cubes and pulse until butter forms pea like pieces. Add 1/4 cup ice water and process just until dough looks like wet sand. Add 1/4 cup ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Remove dough from food processor and turn dough onto a floured work surface. Knead 2 or 3 times just until dough comes together. Shape into dish and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough to about a 13 inch disk. Gently lift into 11 inch tart pan with removable sides. Press dough into pan. Trim edges and prick dough all over with a fork. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl gently toss together apple slices, melted butter, and coarse sugar. Arrange apple slices in circular pattern around outside edges of prepared tart pan, working into the center. Place in oven 60 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool 20 minutes.
- In small-size saucepan, over a medium heat, add apricot jam and remaining 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring often until melted and smooth. Brush top of tart with apricot glaze.
- Let cool completely.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Makes 1 Tart
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Chill Time: 90 Minutes Total Time: 190 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved