Everyone should be able to enjoy hot drinks on cold days. Here is a dairy free version of a classic winter drink. Make sure to use the creamier variety of canned coconut milk for this recipe, rather than the thinner coconut water that comes in a carton.
Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 29 ratings
- 3.5 Ounces Chocolate (Dairy Free)
- 13.5 Ounces Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Marshmallows (Optional)
- Chop chocolate into pieces.
- Pour coconut milk and cinnamon into medium-size saucepan. Add chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup water. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat down to low. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into 4 mugs and top with marshmallows if you wish.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved