Now that Halloween is over it’s time to start thinking about Thanksgiving. Conserve is similar to jam or preserves, but typically contains dried fruit and nuts. This Cranberry Conserve is made with cranberries, oranges, raisins and walnuts. You may use it as a delicious spread or use it in place of a traditional cranberry sauce or cranberry relish. Perfect with poultry, or pork, or spread on biscuits or rolls.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 To 4 Pints
- (5 /5)
- 28 ratings
- 1 Orange (Chopped, Seeded & With Skin Intact)
- 2 Cups Water
- 4 Cups Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Raisins Or Dried Cranberries
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts Or Pecans
- In large-size saucepan combine cranberries, oranges, raisins, and water. Cover and simmer over a medium heat until cranberries are soft. Add walnuts and sugar. Stir well. Simmer, uncovered 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often. Cool. Spoon into covered containers and refrigerate. Or ladle hot conserves into hot jars with 1/4 inch headspace. Process 15 minutes. Store in pantry until ready to use.
- Makes 3 To 4 Pints
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved