Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
You can make this icing a day before you need it. Just blanket the surface with a dampened paper towel, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator.
- 1 Pound Box Powdered Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Powdered Egg Whites
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Water
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- In large-size bowl beat together powdered sugar, powdered egg whites, lemon juice, vanilla, and 1/3 cup water for 1 minute, on medium speed, until just combined.
- Increase speed to high and continue to beat until icing holds stiff peaks (3 minutes in stand mixer or 10 minutes with handheld mixer).
- If you are coloring the icing then transfer 1/4 cup to small-size bowl and tint with food coloring. Use separate bowls for each color. Spoon each color icing into small heavy-duty sealable plastic bag (not a pleated bag), press out excess air, and cut a 1/8 inch opening in bottom corner of bag. Twist bag firmly just above icing, decoratively pipe icing onto cookies.
- Let icing dry completely before storing cookies. Store in airtight container until ready to serve.
- Makes 3 Cups
- Note: Do not use reconstituted egg whites. Use only powdered egg whites.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved