Coconut Rum Balls
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes Aout 4 Dozen
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 Cup Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Almond Paste
- 3 Cups Vanilla Wafer Cookies (Ground)
- 2 Cups Chocolate Crumbs (Or Ground Chocolate Wafers)
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Dark Cocoa
- 2/3 Cup Dark Rum
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Melted)
- 1 1/3 Cups Flaked Coconut
- In double boiler over a medium heat melt chocolate chips. Remove from heat.
- Transfer melted chocolate to large-size bowl. Add sour cream and almond paste. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer vanilla wafers to food processor or blender. Process until finely ground.
- In a separate large-size bowl add ground vanilla wafers, chocolate crumbs, powdered sugar, cocoa, rum, and melted butter. Combine well. Add to melted chocolate mixture. Mix very well until mixture is pulled together and forms a dark paste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place dough in refrigerator 1 hour to overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop balls onto large-size baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place coconut in bowl. Roll each ball in coconut until fully coated.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Makes About 4 Dozen
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes Chill Time: 1 Hour
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved