Grated apple adds seasonal flavor to a cookie jar classic. The Honeycrisp apple in these cookies lives up to its name, adding sweetness to these gluten-free treats.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes About 18
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Butter (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely grate apple.
- In medium-size bowl combine oats, almond flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Beat in grated apple. Add oatmeal mixture and beat until combined. Dough should be a bit crumbly.
- With heaping tablespoon or small cookie scoop roll dough into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Press to flatten.
- Place in oven 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing. Cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 18
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved