This cake is rich, golden on the outside, with an ultra-fine golden crumb. It’s ideal for topping with a dollop of whipped cream and some fresh berries.
Golden Lemon Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 1 Cake
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 6 Tablespoons Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 3/4 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9 to 10 cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl beat together butter, cream cheese, salt, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mixture may look slightly grainy. After last egg beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in milk.
- Gradually add flour and beat at low speed. Mix until just combined. Batter should be smooth and thick, but still pourable. Pour and scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Place in oven 45 to 50 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Top of cake will still be a little bit wet. Remove from oven. After 5 minutes loosen cake’s edges and turn it out of pan onto wire rack.
- To make topping, combine sugar, lemon extract, and water. Stir until mixture is syrupy. At first it will seem very stiff, but will become pourable as you stir.
- Drizzle topping over outside of cake. Allow cake to cool completely before serving.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved