Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I just made a big pot of chili and decided to make cornbread to go with it. I had a few Jalapeño peppers staring me in the face and thought it might be a good idea to dice one up and make Jalapeño cornbread. The result was fabulous.
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (Diced)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl combine beaten eggs, milk, melted butter, and olive oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Stir in diced jalapeño.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place into oven for 20 minutes. Remember that every oven heats differently so you may want to test at 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan completely before removing. Cut into wedges.
- Transfer to serving plate
- Make 10 wedges.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen