I made a big pot of my Italian White Bean Stew over the weekend. I sure am glad that I did because I woke up to a cold and snowy Monday morning.
Italian White Bean Stew
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 28 ratings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Diced Ham Or Pork Belly
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Cannellini Beans
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 Sprig Fresh Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Soak beans in water overnight. Drain and throw away soaking water.
- In large-size soup pot add olive oil and turn heat to a medium. Add onions and cook 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Add 8 cups water, drained beans, kosher salt, thyme, oregano, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Add carrots and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer 30 minutes. Add diced ham (or pork belly) and red pepper flakes. Cook another 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaf and serve warm.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 70 Minutes Total Time: 100 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 100 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Stews