A complete one-pot meal, this stew is perfect for chilly nights at home or your next tailgate. The sauerkraut will mellow as it cooks.
Sauerkraut & Sausage Stew
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 24 Ounces Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 13 Ounces Sausage (Like Kielbasa)
- 16 Ounces Sauerkraut (Drained & Rinsed)
- 2 Cups Diced Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Dice potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Add to a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker bowl with the chicken broth. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Slice sausage and add to large-size bowl. Toss with sauerkraut, carrots, and caraway seeds. Pour mixture over potatoes. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high 6 hours.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 360 Minutes Total Time: 380 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved