Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Toss the ingredients for this hearty and satisfying beef stew with potatoes into the slow cooker in the morning before going to work, and by the time you come home you’ll have a homemade meal ready for the tables. Don’t worry about leftovers because you can keep them in the freezer for up to two months.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Round Roast (Cut Into 2 Inch Cubes)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Paprika (Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 Cups Onion Soup
- 1 Cup Stewed Tomatoes
- 7 Medium Potatoes (Peeled & Cut Into Chunks)
- 2 Medium Onions (Sliced)
- Place beef in 4-quart slow cooker. In small-size bowl combine 1 teaspoon paprika, flour, pepper, and thyme. Sprinkle over beef. Toss to coat.
- Add onion soup, tomatoes, potatoes, and onion. Give a good stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours until beef is tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining paprika and serve warm and with a side of cooked carrots.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved