Marinating flank steak is a super easy way to have a quick main course for either weeknights or weekends. Marinate extra and use in a salad for next day lunch or dinner.
Marinated Flank Steak
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 5 Large Shallots (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Red Wine
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 2 Pounds Flank Steak (Trimmed)
- In large-size bowl combine shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, red wine, thyme, and pepper. Pour into 13x9x2 inch glass dish. Add steak and turn to coat. Marinate steak for 2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Turn steak occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade and place on broiler or grill pan. Broil steak to desired doneness (5 minutes per side for medium-rare). Remove from heat and transfer to cutting board. Slice into pieces. Transfer to serving platter.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Marinating Time: 2 to 24 Hours
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved