Rhubarb Almond Cake is a light and nutty cake that you can have for breakfast or serve it up for dessert.
Rhubarb Almond Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 1 Cake
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter For Greasing Pan
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Rhubarb (Cut Into 1/2 Inch Pieces)
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Arrange oven rack to middle position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan with 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Line base with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes until light. Add lemon zest and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Beat after each addition.
- In medium-size bowl combine flours, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared pan. Scatter half of the rhubarb over batter. Spread remaining batter over rhubarb layer. Scatter remaining rhubarb on top of cake.
- Sprinkle top of cake with sugar and almonds.
- Place in oven, on middle rack, for 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and top of cake springs back to touch.
- Remove from oven and let cake cool 20 minutes before releasing from springform pan.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 8 to 10
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved