A simple chicken stir-fry laced with green and yellow peppers is a nice weeknight meal. You may want to make extra to have for next day lunch.
Stir-Fried Chicken With Green & Yellow Peppers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cut Into Pieces)
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil (Divided)
- 1 Green Pepper (Sliced)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (Sliced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Red Chile Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Coriander Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In medium-size bowl combine 1 tablespoon sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In large-size skillet or wok heat 1 tablespoon oil over a high heat. Add bell peppers, onions, chile pepper, and garlic. Cook 4 minutes until peppers and onions are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet and transfer to place. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add cumin and coriander. Cook 10 seconds. Add chicken and cook approximately 7 minutes until chicken is just cooked through. Return vegetables to skillet. Sprinkle with sugar and kosher salt. Add remaining sherry to pan. Cook, scraping and folding mixture 5 minutes until steaming and coated in sauce. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately with white rice.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 16 Minutes Total Time: 36 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved