I first discovered Almond Macaroons while living in France. These Almond Macaroons are light, delicious, naturally gluten-free, and one of the easiest cookies to make from scratch
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Make About 20 Cookies
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 7 Ounces Almond Paste (Grated)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites (Slightly Beaten)
- Move oven rack to center position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl add grated almond paste and sugar. Beat until mixture has crumb-like texture. Slowly add egg whites and beat until mixed. Beat on high for 3 minutes until you have a creamy paste.
- Cover and place in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and drop teaspoon size dollops of batter on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Place in oven, on center rack, 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheet.
- Store in airtight container, layered with parchment or wax paper, for up to 5 days.
- Note: Make sure not to use more than 1/4 cup egg white or you may end up with more pancake-like cookies.
- Makes About 20 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes Chill Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved