This recipe is a great way to use those bananas that have ripened past the point of eating fresh. Dense with flavor and moisture, this cake will satisfy peanut butter and banana lovers.
Banana Cake With Peanut Butter Glaze
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 1 Cake
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Mashed Bananas (3 to 4 Bananas)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (More If Needed)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease & flour bundt pan and set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- In medium-size bowl mash bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and sugars on high until creamy. Reduce beater speed to low and beat in eggs one at a time. Alternate adding flour mixture and banana mixture with flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix only slightly in between each addition, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Place in oven 45 to 50 minutes until cake is golden brown and cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 15 minutes on wire rack. To unmold place large plate on top of bundt pan and invert pan in one fluid motion, holding plate tight to the pan. Let cool completely.
- Glaze: In medium-size bowl beat peanut butter for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons milk. But until well combined. If glaze is too thin add last 1/2 cup powdered sugar. If too thick add a bit more milk.
- Pour glaze over cake and allow glaze to harden.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved