Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Baked Goods, Baking Powder, Breakfast, Butter, Cake Flour, Cakes, Confectioners' Sugar, Cream Cheese, Eggs, Flour, Lemons, Milk, Powdered Sugar, Snacks, Sour Cream, Spring, Strawberries, Strawberry Cake, Strawberry Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting, Sugar, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Spring is finally here and the season’s first strawberries are showing up in the markets. Strawberry Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting is a super easy cake to make that is the perfect snacking cake. Since it’s not too sweet, you can even enjoy it for breakfast.
- 1 Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 10 Tablespoons Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 1/3 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 4 Cups Strawberries
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 13x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Zest and juice lemon. In large-size bowl beat together butter and sugar 5 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add lemon zest, sour cream and milk. In medium-size bowl combine cake flour and baking powder. Gently fold flour mixture into wet mixture. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Cut 2 cups strawberries into quarters and gently push them into batter. Place in oven for 60 minutes until cake is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cook completely.
- In large-size bowl beat cream cheese and add 1 cup powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more to taste. Spread frosting over cooled cake. Cut remaining strawberries into quarters and arrange on top of cake.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved