Try making these easy Easter treats because homemade is always better. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs get their crunch from puffed rice cereal.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 17 ratings
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Puffed Rice Cereal
- 3 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Line baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, and 3 tablespoons butter. Gently fold in the cereal and knead with your hands until dough forms. Form into 18 egg shapes.
- In saucepan add couple inches of water and bring to simmer. Place chocolate chips and remaining butter in heatproof bowl that fits over saucepan. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Stir until chocolate melts.
- Using tongs dip each egg into melted chocolate to coat. Set on prepared baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator and chill 1 hour.
- Makes 18 eggs
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved