Christmas Leg Of Lamb
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 Leg Of Lamb (6 to 7 Pounds)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (Slivered)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Rosemary (Crushed)
- 1 Medium Onion (Cut In Half Crosswise)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare lamb for roasting by cutting away the hipbone and all the excess fat. Remove the cellophane-like fell.
- With a sharp paring knife make small incisions in the meat and insert garlic slivers. Rub lamb with olive oil and rosemary and place in a heavy roasting pan, fat side down, along with the onion and the hipbone (with most of its fat removed). Sprinkle meat with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place in oven on lowest rack for 60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes. Turn fat side up after 30 minutes. Remove all liquid from pan and pour 3/4 cup water into pan. Continue roasting for another 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees for rare.
- Remove from oven and place bone under roast to serve as a rack in the pan. Let lamb rest 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve with pan gravy.
- Serves 6 to 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 75 Minutes Total Time: 95 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved