Apples are a beloved autumn crop. Not only are apples a wonderfully nutritious food, but picking apples is a marvelous way to enjoy a crisp autumn afternoon. We appreciate the full palette of flavors that apples provide, ranging from wonderfully winsome to all types of delicious tartness.
Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tart Baking Apples (Peeled & Sliced)
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 10-inch cast iron skillet in oven until hot.
- In large-size bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, kosher salt, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth.
- Remove skillet from oven and add 3 tablespoons butter. Return skillet to oven until butter bubbles.
- Pour batter into skillet. Place in oven for 20 minutes until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- While pancake is cooking, in another skillet, combine apples, 4 tablespoons butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook over a medium heat, stirring often until apples are tender.
- Remove pancake from and spoon apples into baked pancake.
- Cut and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved