If you have the time, season the chicken with salt the night before and chill uncovered so the skin will day out a bit. Doing this helps the chicken take on a nice golden finish.
Garlic Roasted Chicken Legs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 Chicken Legs (Thigh And Drumstick)
- Kosher Salt
- 4 Heads Garlic (Halved Crosswise)
- 1 Lemon (Thinly Sliced Into Rounds And Seeds Removed)
- 1 Red Chile (Quartered Lengthwise And Seeds Removed)
- 5 Sprigs Thyme
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Toasted Rustic Bread (For Serving)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place chicken in 13x9” baking dish and season generously all over with kosher salt. Add garlic, lemon, chile, thyme, and a few grinds of pepper. Pour in olive oil and toss everything to coat. Turn garlic heads cut side down so they are in contact with the baking dish, as this will help them brown.
- Place in oven 75 to 90 minutes, rotating pan once, until meat is almost falling off the bone. Remove from oven and let cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Serve with bread.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 90 Minutes Total Time:110 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved