Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
The weather is getting cooler and that’s when I begin making heartier meals. I make this basic gravy recipe to accompany roasted meats. If you don’t get 1/4 cup fat from the roasted meats then add butter to equal that amount.
- 1/4 Cup Fat From Roasted Meat (Left In Roasting Pan)
- 4 Cups Beef Stock
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Pour off all but 1/4 cup fat from roasting pan. Set pan on stovetop over a medium heat. Sprinkle flour over fat and cook, stirring constantly 8 to 10 minutes. Increase heat to a medium-high and add red wine. Whisk as you go to let it reduce. Slowly add stock, stirring constantly, until mixture is nice and smooth. Cook, continuing to stir, 8 to 10 minutes until gravy has thickened. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Makes Approximately 5 Cups
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved