Using poultry wings is a sneaky way to get the flavor of turkey gravy without waiting for the bird to be done.
Make Ahead White Wine Gravy
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Turkey Wings Or 8 Ounces Chicken Wings
- 5 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onions
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 4 Cups Turkey Or Chicken Stock
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size pot heat vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add turkey wings or chicken wings. Cook 10 minutes until browned on both sides. Tie thyme and rosemary into a bundle with twine. Add diced onions. Cook 3 minutes until golden. Stir often. Add white wine and heat to a boiling high. Scrape up any browned bits. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Add turkey or chicken stock and herb bundle. Simmer 15 minutes. Strain stock. Throw away turkey parts, herbs, and onions.
- In a medium-size pot melt butter over a medium heat. Sprinkle in flour. Cook 2 minutes until smooth, stirring often. Gradually whisk in strained stock until smooth. Heat to simmering on a medium-high heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved